If investments have been made on medical imaging equipment, it goes without saying that any practitioner would want to make the most out of this equipment by trying to extend the lifespan of the machine. This condition applies to image intensifiers as well.
While some individuals believe that the lifespan of an image intensifier is five years, it doesn’t mean that the lifespan can’t go beyond this.
The following is a set of information you may need to know about your image intensifier and how it’s lifespan can be extended.
An image intensifier can be described as an electronic device that is used to produce fluoroscopic images with low levels of radiation. You can extend the life of your image intensifier by considering the following:
- Try to limit the amount of testing to be done with an open field like blocking incoming x-rays with lead.
- Use proper methods of collimation. That means trying to limit x-rays to only the relevant areas that require scanning.
- Perform annual preventive maintenance (PM) on the batteries, brakes, cables, mechanical assembling, image quality calibration and other important parts that may require maintenance.
- Plugging in the image intensifier when it is not in use may help with maintaining batteries and generators.
Clean the parts of the device regularly.
- Using covers to prevent the contrast media in the system that is not electronic or human-friendly like moisture.
- To avoid a burning monitor, adjust the sleep mode settings of the device.
Medical imaging equipment is expensive and requires a significant amount of care when being used, that way you can maintain your device in standard condition. If you are looking to purchase a used c arm machine, Amber USA is the place for you! Amber USA is known for issuing some of the highest quality used and refurbished medical imaging equipment in the market. Contact Amber USA now for inquiries!